Some of the stuff we get wrapped up with in our society... is it really worth our focus? Is it really worth the worry? Do current events need to completely take over our minds in an unhealthy manner? The answer to those questions depends heavily on our perspective.
If these 80 or 90 years is all that we get, nothing else, then yes, they may mean more to that person. But, for those who believe in eternity with Jesus, their mindset should be built upon the bricks of a heavenly perspective.
Because, think about this... if heaven is real, which I believe it is, then everything that we do here on earth should be in preparation for that timeless, never-ending existence. There is a verse in scripture that reads,
“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” Matthew 6:19-21
The sinful life we live on earth is so short when compared to the perfect life we obtain once we pass away. The main questions on our hearts and minds, in the light of eternity, may look like this...
What am I spending my time on each day? Am I storing up treasures in Heaven today or just on earth? Where does my treasure lie since that is where my heart will be also. Am I loving others with Christ-like love? Am I sowing seeds into other people's hearts so that they may get to know God personally?
Storing up treasures in Heaven is definitely a long-term play, but one that will pay off over and over again forever and ever. The real prize, perhaps the ultimate one, is to hear our Lord say to each of us,
“Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” Matthew 25:34-36
“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” Matthew 25:40
-Ken Melendez
No comments:
Post a Comment